Saturday, November 13, 2010

7am Trips to Tesco

Sometimes, you don't have to travel to far and exotic places to gain rewarding experiences. This will definitely sound extra cheesy, but I've definitely been enjoying bonding with Edinburgh. After a weekend of travel, it's an immense relief to pull onto Waverley Bridge and see the now familiar city. I'm super glad that I'm studying abroad in a city. Might I say that my street smart points have gone up a few notches?

The day before Halloween, a couple of friends and I went to Glasgow for a few hours. We went to a museum of modern art and walked around. It was FREEZING! The shops were super cool looking (there were actually queues for Halloween stores!) and one of my favorite sites was George Square. 

It's being prepared for Christmas!

Last Friday, it was Guy Fawkes Night. It was rainy and gross but we went up a hill to see fireworks. It was kind of subpar, but I'm still glad I got to experience that. 

November seems to be the "Ahh work!" month for University of Edinburgh students. Williams has prepared me well, though; I'm not really feeling that much pressure yet. Frankly, Williams=

I've definitely done this before.

+

I think I've had points when my desk actually looked like this...only messier.

University of Edinburgh, for me, is more like=

Yay, reading a book!

I don't mean to burn Edinburgh. I mean, I think I'm taking freshmen level courses and I'm not specializing in anything like the other students. But, it's kind of nice to think that maybe I'm not dumb as crap; maybe Williams is just hard! 

Speaking of Williams, I miss certain things a lot a lot: Sawyer/Schow!!!! (not a fan at all of the one here), Tunnel City, Sushi Thai, running off to Snack Bar mainly to avoid doing work, rolling around/dancing in .5 with the crew, and (of course) people!

On other notes, I've started branching out a little with cooking (well, kind of...I'm starting to think it's fun!), Starbucks is super deelish especially when shared with a friend :), and the sun is shining for the first time in a while! Woooot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment